Thank God It's Friday indeed ~_~

Hello bloggie! How ore ya feeling tday? Hope you're in the pink of health.

Well today, my 'day' actually started at night when my family and I went beraya to my Pak Lang's house in Taman Harmonis in Gombak (do you know where it is? hihi). There were two reasons that made my 'day' (or night, lol) :

Numero uno, being able to eat 'nasi impit kuah kacang'. FYI, this is the one delicacy I have been craving ever since the first day of raya, sadly my mum didn't make it this year, only 'lontong', so yeah, thank God, finally the craving had been satisfied. Alhamdulillah!

Number two, well, that was to get the 'duit raya' from my Pak Lang eventho I am literally old already, hihi, I hate figures (don't ask me to do the math. Get the joke? Hihi). True to the saying, distance does make the heart grows fonder, haha since my Pak Lang is living further from my house while my Pak Itam who lives just a stone's throw away didn't give me any, so the saying must be true, haha.

But then, just when I thought that we should call it a day, my brother-in-law who drove the car, decided on a whim to take us 'makan angin' to Kuala Lumpur, the city of lights and because we were hungry, decided to take us to have the famous 'Nasi lemak antarabangsa' in Kampung Baru. I was like, yeah, I've been there with friends, but never with family, so this oughta be awkward, hihi. Turned out that the experience was rather 'ambivalent', haha, quite nice though, since the food was on the bro-in-law, hey, who doesn't like free lunch (or supper in this case) kan? Hihi.

But wait, the story didn't end there. To top the experience off, we went 'beraya' to my aunt's house in Kampung Baru. She was a divorcee to my uncle who is my mum's older brother, but she was never any lesser nice to us all, so we felt very much at home. And yeah, I took a liking on my cousin, so hawt now, my taste, hihi. The visit was more like taking a stroll down the memory lane, reminiscing on the years prior to the divorce and separation and whatnot, but the memory is indeed THICKER than blood, and as we know, blood is thicker than water. So yeah, it doesn't take a blood relationship (or a marriage) to bond us together, good things shall never go unrewarded, that is so true.

All in all, today I felt very happy and very enlightened as well, to discover how the things I had learnt in Literature about the Asian society is VERY true. We Asians, is not an overstatement when I say this, are very concerned on TWO things:

Number one being marriage, as in there is an invisible line or point of age where people around you are so gonna pop up the question to you, and such casualty IS what makes us, well, Asian.

Number two is almost definitely, status. Status comes in the form of occupation in particular, or education if you are still studying. We can and must never deny that we ARE, indeed, our parents' prized possessions, and instead of being in-denial and rebellious about it, I found it to be more comforting and fulfilling if we just embrace it and make it to be a win-win situation, even if on our side we're not actually winning. But, what do we have to lose for? Nada, isn't it?

Well, this raya especially since it's 2009 and I'm turning 24, no more teeny weeny teenagers, has made me realized that life is too short to be dwelling on trivial matters. It is better for me to become like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde than being the Phantom of the Opera, who lives and dies unnoticed.

I want to live my life to the fullest, even if it takes living a double life or summat. In the end, I want to be happy without compromising of any other person's happiness. Let it be a win-win situation.

Till then, kampai (cheers!) XOXO.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Refurbished. Wee ~

2009. R.I.P. (A year in retrospective)

Two roads diverged in a concrete jungle.